VLADIMIR P. GOLUBYATNIKOV
Chief Research Scientist
19 Narymskaya St., ap. 60 Novosibirsk, 630132, Russia
Tel: 7-383-329-7564 (office)
Differential and algebraic topology, cobordism theories.
Topological properties of the Moment Maps.
Inverse problems for Kinetic and evolution equations and their applications to the
study of evolution processes, in particular in modeling of cyclic processes in gene networks.
Problems of Tomography, Integral Geometry, and reconstruction of convex and
visible bodies from their projections and apparent contours.
Born in Voronezh, Russia (former Soviet Union) on 01 September 1947.
Married, one son (1975) and one daughter (1980).
Member of American and Siberian Mathematical Societies.
1992: Doctor of Sciences in Mathematics (with major in Geometry and Topology) Insti-
tute of Mathematics, Novosibirsk, Russia. Thesis "Manifolds with split normal bundles,
topological properties and some applications".
1979: Ph. D. in Mathematics (with major in Geometry and Topology) Institute of Mathe-
matics, Novosibirsk, Russia. Thesis "Cobordisms of manifolds with split normal bundles".
1970: M. S. with Honor in Mathematics, Novosibirsk University, Russia. Thesis: "Adams-
Novikov spectral sequence in the theory of oriented cobordisms."
Institute of Mathematics, Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia.
February 1993 - present: Leading Researcher.
February 1988 - February 1993: Senior Researcher.
1987-1988 : Researcher.1970-1973 Graduate student.
Computing Center, Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia.
1984-1987 Researcher, 1977-1984 Junior Researcher.
High Military School, Novosibirsk, Russia.
1974-1977 Associate Professor of Mathematics.
1973-1974 Assistant Professor of Mathematics.
Novosibirsk State University. 1984-1993 Associate professor, 1993-present Professor.
University of Milano, Italy. May -June 1990.
The Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel:
May 1992, February - March 1996, January 1999, January 2004.
January - March 2005 as Rosi and Max Varon fellow.
Septemebr - December 2008 as Josef Meyerhoff fellow, January – April 2010.
Stanford University, USA:
December 1993 - March 1994. January 2008 - May 2008.
Omsk State University, Russia. 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012.
Chairman of the State Examination Commission.
Kustanai University, Kazakhstan. February - March 1995.
Ege University, Izmir, Turkey. September 1998 - February 1999.
Auckland University, New Zealand. February 2002 - June 2002.
Kent state university, USA, January – February 2013.
Russian, English, French.
Overview of Research at Institute of Mathematics:
Research in Topology of Manifolds. Specifically:
- studied the Cobordism Theories of Manifolds whose normal bundles are split in sums of
- constructed and studied Algebraic Spectral Sequences useful in computation of corresponding bordism rings.
Research in the Integral Geometry and Geometry of Convex and Related Bodies. Specifically:
- studied questions of Uniqueness of Reconstruction of the Shapes of Convex and Visible
Bodies from the Shapes of their Projections onto 2 and 3-dimensional Planes;
- obtained Stability Estimates of such kind of Reconstruction;
- obtained new Inversion Formulae in Integral Geometry;
- elaborated Algorithms of Numerical Solutions of the Tomography Problems.
Research in Topology of the Moment Maps. Specifically:
- studied Characteristic Classes and Numbers of the Regular Values Pre-images of the
Proper Moment Maps;
- studied Relations of Topological Invariants of these Pre-images and the Cohomotopy
Groups of the Thom Spaces of Cotangent Bundles of the Con?guration Manifolds.
- studied Inverse Problems for Systems of Evolution Equations and their Application
to the Mathematical Modeling of the Populations Dynamics and Genetic Networks. In
particular, studied closed trajectories and Hopf bifurcations in dynamical systems corre-
sponding to the Gene Networks with negative feedbacks.
Overview of Research at Computing Center:
Mathematical Modeling of the Sources of the Earthquakes. Specifically:
- studied Problems of Reconstruction of such Sources from the Kinematic and Dynamic
- studied Problems of Reconstruction of the Riemannian Metric from the Long-distance
- studied Inverse Problem of the Scattering Theory;
- studied Tomography Problems for Convex Bodies.
Teaching experience:Taught basic courses on Geometry, Toplogy and on Inverse problems for students of
Mathematical and Physical Departments of Novosibirsk State University 1977-present.
Taught special courses on Geometry and Topology for students and graduate students
of Mathematical Departments of Novosibirsk State University 1982-present, Stanford
University (USA) 1993-1994, Kustanai University (Kazakhstan) 1995, Ege University,
Izmir, (Turkey) 1998, University of Auckland (New Zealand) 2002.
In 1995 was selected and named as a Soros Associate Professor.
In 1994 was awarded a special certificate of The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholar-
ship Board and The United States Information Agency.
At the Institute of Mathematics and Computing Center advised students (MS and
Ph. D.) on thesis projects.
In 2014 gave lecture course on differential geometry at Heilongjiang university, Kharbin, China.
Grants:Fulbright Fellowship program, 1993, 2008.
TUBITAK-NATO Advanced Fellowship program, 1998.
NATO OUTR.CRG 970357 and PST.CLG 970357. 1998 - 2001.
Russian High Education Ministry, 1999.
Russian Foundation for Basic Research 1993, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003-2005, 2006, 2009 – 2020.
Leading scientific schools grants N 311.2003.1 and 8526.2006.1 of President of Russian
Rosi and Max Varon Visiting Professor, 2005; Josef Meyerhoff Visiting Professor, 2008, 2010
at the Weizmann Institute of Sciences.
Interdisciplinary integration grants of SB RAS 2006 - 2018.
Some Conferences Talks and other forms of participation:
1. All-Union and International Topological conferences. Tbilisi 1972. Minsk 1977.
Moscow 1979. Leningrad 1982. Baku 1987.
2. Siberian Schools "Algebra and Analysis". Irkutsk 1989, 1992. Omsk 1990. Novosibirsk 1996, 1997.
3. Soviet-Japanese topological symposium. Khabarovsk 1989.
4. Conferences in memory of P.S.Aleksandrov. Moscow 1984 - 1990.
5. All-Union and international conferences on geometry and analysis. Novosibirsk
1982, 1987, 1989, 1999, 2004, 2009, 2014.
6. Soviet-Hungarian geometrical symposium. Novosibirsk 1981.
7. International colloquium on topology. Eger, Hungary 1983.
8. International conferences on algebra. Novosibirsk 1989, Barnaul 1991.
9. Soviet-Italian symposium on non-classic and ill-posed problems of mathematical
physics and analysis. Samarkand 1990.
10. All-Union and International symposiums on tomography. Novosibirsk 1983, 1993.
11. All-Union conference "Problems of pure and applied mathematics". Tula 1988.
12. All-Union and International conferences on Ill-Posed problems and mathematical physics. Novosibirsk 1982,
1987, 1992, 1995, 1998, 2002, 2007, 2010 - 2013. Samarkand 1983, Ekaterinbourgh 1998.
13. International Congresses on Applied and Industrial mathematics. Novosibirsk
1996, 1998, 2000.
14. International conference "Scientific foundations of High Technologies". Novosibirsk 1997.
15. International conference "Methods of Study, Structure and Monitoring of the
Lithosphere". Novosibirsk 1998.
16. International conference "Shape Modeling and Applications". 1999, University of
17. International conference. "Novosibirsk State University and the scientific Progress",
18. International conferences "Human and Computer". 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005,
2006, University of Aizu, Japan.
19. International Congress of mathematicians, Beijing, China, 2002.
20. International conferences "Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation and Structure",
Novosibirsk, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018.
21. International conference "Computational Mathematics", Novosibirsk, 2004.
22. 4-th World Congress on Industrial Tomography, Aizu, Japan, 2005.
23. International Conference on Differential Equations and Applications dedicated to
100-th Anniversary of I.N.Vekua, Novosibirsk, 2007.
24. International conference Contemporary mathematics, Moscow 2017.
25. International conferences Sobolev’s Readings, Novosibirsk, 2008, 2013, 2016, 2017.
26. International conferences Maltsev’s Readings, Novosibirsk, 2009, 2010, 2015, 2016.
27. International conferences Altai Lomonosov’s Readings, 2012 - 2015, 2017, 2018.
28. International conferences Complex Analysis and Dynamical Systems.
Israel, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015.
29. International conferences Geometry Days in Novosibirsk, 2011 – 2018.
30. International conferences Dynamics in Siberia, 2016 – 2018.
Co-chairman of organizing committee of International Congress "Mathematics of 21-st
century", Novosibirsk, 2003.
Chairman of organizing committee of International conference "Mathematics and
mathematical education in the modern society", Novosibirsk, 2006.
Program Committies of International conferences "Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation and Structure", Novosibirsk, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018.
Program Committies of International workshops Geometry and symbolic computations. University of Haifa, Israel, 2008, 2013, 2018.
Institute of Math.