The speech of ac. Yu. L. Ershov at The Conference "Mathematics in the Modern World" dedicated to the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Sobolev Institute of Mathematics Novosibirsk, September 18, 2007 (in Russian)
The role of science nowadays. Quotation from the speech of ac. Yu. L. Ershov, September 18, 2007 (in Russian)
Quotations from the state decoration award ceremony took place at the Kremlin, July 26, 2010, 16:00, The Kremlin, Moscow (in Russian)
Born: 1, May, 1940, Novosibirsk city, Russia.
algebra, field theory, mathematical logic, theory of algorithms, model theory, and computability.
Educated: Department of Mechanics and Mathematics of Novosibirsk State University, 1963.
Regular Academic or Research Appointments:
Sobolev Institute of Mathematics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1963 - Present:
Director, 2003 - 2011.
Novosibirsk State University, 1964-2002:
Professor of the Chair of Algebra and Logic, 1968 - 2002;
Head of the Department of Mechanics And Mathematics, 1973 - 1976;
Rector, 1985 - 1993.
Ph. D. Physics and Mathematics, 1964, Dissertation: Decidable and undecidable theories, Supervisor: A. I. Malcev;
Doctor degree of physics and mathematics, Dissertation: Elementary theories of fields, 1966;
Corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences of USSR, 1970;
Full member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1991.
Mal'tsev Prize, 1992;
State Prize of the Russian Federation in the field of science and engineering, 2002;
The Prize of the Lavrent'ev Fund, 2007.
Demidov Prize, 2013.
the Order of Labour Red Flag, 1975
the Order of Honor, 1981,
the Order for Services to the Fatherland IV degree, 2000,
the Order for Services to the Fatherland III degree, 2010.
1. Yu. L. Ershov, Theory of numberings. M.: Nauka, 1977. - 416 p. (in Russian).
2. Yu. L. Ershov, Problems of decidability and constructive models. M.: Nauka, 1980. - 415 p. (in Russian).
3. Yu. Ershov, Definability and Computability. - New York: Plenum. - 1996. - 264 p. (Siberian School of Algebra and Logic).
4. Ershov, Yu. L., Goncharov, S. S., Constructive models. Transl. from the Russian. (English) (Siberian School of Algebra and Logic) Siberian School of Algebra and Logic. New York, NY: Consultants Bureau. xii, 293 p. (2000).
5. Yu. L. Ershov, Multi Valued Fields. - New York ets.: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2001. - 280 p.
Chairman of United Scientific Council of SB RAS on Mathematician and Informatics;
Chairman of Expert Council of Presidential envoy in Siberia on Informatics;
Editor-in-Chief of "Siberian Mathematical Journal";
Editor-in-Chief of Journal "Algebra and Logic";
President of the Siberian Fund for Algebra and Logic;
President of The Noncommercial Partnership MMF NSU Foundation.
He had more 40 Ph. D. students in Mathematics.
Visiting Academic or Research Appointments:
1. Technical University Darmstadt, 2006 (2004, ... ,1994);
2. University of San Paulo, Brasil, 2006;
3. Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK, 2005;
4. Helsinki University, Finland, 2001;
5. Mittag-Leffler Institute, Djursholm, Sweden, 2001;
6. Konstanz University, Germany, 1999;
7. Institute for Studies in Theoretical Physics and Mathematics, Tehran, Iran, 1997;
8. Uppsala University, Sweden, 1995;
9. Paris, University VII, FRrance, 1992;
10. UCLA, USA, 1980.